We are thrilled to partner with our Mama this Mother's Day to bring you one of the best smelling and fast working face wash DIY's PLUS a fun giveaway for you, your mom, or a mom you know!
One of our favorite passages of scripture Proverbs 31 (MSG) describes Moms/godly women like this:
When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say,
and she always says it kindly.
She keeps an eye on everyone in her household,
and keeps them all busy and productive.
Her children respect and bless her;
her husband joins in with words of praise:
“Many women have done wonderful things,
but you’ve outclassed them all!”
Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades.
The woman to be admired and praised
is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God."
We're convinced this verse was written about our Mom. She is our dearest friend and is the most thoughtful and generous. Today she's sharing her favorite foaming face wash (and mine too) with you and how to make it.
You will need:
- 3/4 cup cooled distilled water
- 1/4 cup liquid Castile soap
- 1/2 tsp organic almond oil
- 3-4 drops vitamin E oil (optional)
- 8 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 8 drops Lavender essential oil
In a 4-6 oz. foaming soap canister:
- Add the liquid Castile soap, organic almond oil and vitamin E oil
- Next, add the essential oils as needed (if using a bigger bottle, you can add more!)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with the distilled water
- Shake well each time you use it!
Pro Tip: Every time I squirt some in my hands, I breathe it in for a few moments before putting it on my face. It tops off your spa-like experience and can bring a soothing feeling.
You can use it daily, morning and night. I want to make mine last forever, so I keep it in my shower and use it every time I shower! One of the main/key ingredients in this face wash are Young Living Essential Oils, and if you want more information about them or would be interested in being a part of our mom's team check it out their website: Youngliving
To join her team click here: Belinda Platt, Young Living Essential Oils
Along with this amazing DIY, our mom has made one lucky winner their very own face wash in an amber glass bottle as well as a peppermint lip scrub! She is also throwing in mine and Beth Ann's favorite oils: Peppermint and Lavender.
There are 2 ways to enter:
1. Instagram: You must follow our page: @nlvnd_ and our mom's @treasuresofylo
PLUS like/comment on the contest picture on our page with one word that describes your mom or the mother figure in your life, bonus entry if you like/comment on the picture on our mom's page with an emoji that describes your mom/mom figure in your life as well!
2. If you don't have instagram or if you want another entry: Like this blog post, and comment with a funny story either about your mom or that you have in your experience being a mother.
That brings us to a total of 3 ways to enter/ get your name in the drawing if you do 1 + 2 + the bonus!
We'll announce the winner Friday night, (May 4th) here and on instagram.
Happy face washing, and Happy almost Mother's Day!