If you haven't guessed yet, Becky and I are all about DIY's. Especially easy ones with minimal effort. Anyway, I have this awkwardly placed window in my room which left me trying to figure out unique ways for storage. I also wanted to fill up some wall space and make it look nice.
I had seen various hanging shelves on Pinterest so I decided to make one of my own using things I already had (so I didn't have to spend any money). So, here is this easy peasy do it yourself shelf that looks super boho chic.
All you need is:
- Yarn (what I used). Leather or other string would work too.
- Piece of wood that is sturdy but not too heavy.
- Glue gun
- *Wood stain or paint* I decided to leave the wood natural but this would be a super easy add in if you want it a different color.
1. I found a great piece of wood on the beach one day. I cleaned it and set it aside until I decided to make it into this shelf. You can find some wood at Home Depot or somewhere and stain it (or paint) to your desired color.
First, I used the yarn to measure how long I wanted the shelf before I cut it to the desired length. I also had to make suer that there was enough to loop around the wood. I cut four strings total, two for each side.
2. Next , I looped the string under the plank and secured a knot at the top. This is where the glue gun would come in handy to secure the string even more. I repeated the same thing on the other side.
3. Then, I gathered the string up and tied them together at the top. I left the excess string long so it would gather together as fringe.
I hope you guys have a fantastic week and let me know if your end up making this shelf!!
xoxo Beth Ann